Probiotics Keep You Youthful
No one wants to age faster, yet, this is happening every day at an above-normal rate. One of the secrets in the aging process is to have a healthy gut, thriving with the right balance of good bacteria.
What you see in the mirror is a reflection of what’s going on inside the body, and the health of the gut is of prime importance. Even doctors have said that over 90% of all diseases begin in the gut, due to an unhealthy intestinal environment.
A diet high in cooked and processed food is hard on the digestive system. It lacks enzyme activity, fiber, and does not support the housekeepers of the gut – your good friendly bacteria or flora (known as probiotics). Your friendly bacteria watch over the gut … and are assigned to and responsible for many different functions that take place in the intestinal system.
Eating a diet high in nutrition and fiber, and drinking plenty of healthy water is important for regularity and intestinal health, but unless the housekeepers of the gut are also supported, and replenished, numerous things begin to break down, including your immune system.
The Wonder of Probiotics
The following list will provide you an insight as to their contribution to keeping you healthy and youthful:
• Responsible for, or connected to, 50-70% of the immune system.
• Produces antioxidants and combat yeast and fungal infections.
• Responsible for creating an environment for serotonin production. In fact, 90% of serotonin is produced and housed in the gut.
• Kills bacteria by producing substances that act like antibiotics.
• Contributes to mineral absorption.
• Improves digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats by secreting enzymes.
• Strengthens the lining of the gut.
• Helps combat allergens, bloating, gas, and yeast overgrowth.
• Produces B vitamins and folate.
• Helps to inhibit food poisoning.
• Reduces cholesterol.
• Promotes regular bowel movements.
• Limits the action of disease-causing bacteria.
• Helps maintain blood sugar levels.
• Inhibits multiplication of cancerous cells.
• Balances intestinal flora.
• Reduces symptoms of menopause.
• Reduces the risk of diabetes.
• Helps the body defend against diseases such as Chron’s, Candida, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and other diseases caused by unhealthy gut flora.
Prebiotics and Probiotics
Prebiotics are food or fiber that probiotics consume for energy, and help healthy bacteria already living in the gut to grow and flourish.
Prebiotics can be found in the following foods:
Dandelion greens, kale, chard
How to Support Gut Health
1. Personally, I supplement with a highly active probiotic and eat cultured, living food, such as non-dairy yogurts, miso, etc. I do this on an ongoing basis to help replenish and support higher levels of healthy, friendly bacteria … thus strengthening the body and supporting vibrant health.
Other Foods with Probiotics
Authentic sourdough bread (made with real sourdough)
2. Supplementation – my personal recommendations are Puradyme’s probiotic products – 5 powerful bacterial strains that synergistically work together and target different functions. These probiotics are also proteolytic, meaning they help break down undigested proteins that have accumulated in the gut. Their products also contain a prebiotic, Jerusalem artichoke.
I also invite you to read a recent review of their probiotic in comparison to other probiotics tested. Puradyme’s was shown to be pure, with a triple-A plus rating, which is representative of all the products they produce.
3. Make your own non-dairy yogurt, cultured dressings, and dips … and eat them daily:
Certified Health Consultant
David spent over 27 years in the mortgage/real estate business. But 33 years ago, God re-directed his life and placed in him a passion for natural health and prevention of disease. Today, David is a certified health consultant, and for the last 33 years has lived a natural food lifestyle and discovered simple, key components for living a lifestyle of health and vitality. One of the early things David realized is that disease was NOT the result of a drug deficiency. And that everything we think, say, and consume or are exposed to in some manner or another either supports our cellular structures or causes them to age faster and breakdown.
David believes there is nothing more important than to live within God’s blueprint for one’s life. Each of us has been given specific gifts, talents, and purpose that are to be lived out on a foundation of faith in Him and His Word.
“It saddens me to see people suffering, frustrated, or discouraged with life … and fall into the rut of living, unable to reach their full potential: spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially. I think it’s also a travesty in this country people that are not educated in personal health care, nor in how to protect their privacy, assets, and often liberties. God has designed us to live amazing lives, and sometimes it just helps to find someone who will come alongside and provide the hope and direction needed at that moment. It’s about bringing together your personal and business aspirations into a balanced vision for your life, aligned with His Word.“
“Bottom line, what balance do you need to bring to your life, what type of life do you desire to create that enables you to be all you can be and live a life with no regret – a life that produces a faithful servant?”
To learn more about David, go to Image What Could Be.
Information and material found on this website are for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical or legal advice, nor should it be construed as such. In regards to any health information, it is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professionals, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professionals before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.